Believe it or not, Johnny Depp is one of the celebrities who have the worst hygiene ever. Surprisingly, he doesn’t shower. The matter doesn’t reach only that point, as he is on the brink of bankruptcy because of his lavish spending. He can easily solve these matters. How?! Definitely by following the Islamic teachings in these regards. Islam came to solve the problems of humanity, including lack of hygiene and bankruptcy.
Regarding personal hygiene, it includes the cleanliness of our bodies, clothes, teeth … etc. Islam has found so many ways to achieve it, as Prophet Muhammad said, “cleanliness is half of faith”.
Islamic Ways of Cleanliness
- Showering: Islam has prescribed upon Muslims to take shower at least once a week. The Prophet (ﷺ) said,
It is Allah’s right on every Muslim that he should take a bath (at least) once in seven days.” [ Sahih Muslim ]
And it is recommended to take it on Friday because it is the day of Muslims’ gathering.
- Showering after sexual intercourse, wet dream, menstruation, and puerperal blood: these are obligated upon Muslims because one needs after these cases a kind of refreshment.
- Ablution before every prayer: God said in Quran,
O you who believe! When you intend to offer the prayer, wash your faces and your hands (forearms) up to the elbows, wipe your heads, and (wash) your feet up to the ankles. If you are in a state of Janaba (i.e. had a sexual discharge) purify yourself.”
- God also has encouraged Muslims to make ablution, as it is a reason for removing one’s sins. Imagine to what extent Muslims are clean from dirt and sins!
- There are some other ways of personal hygiene told by Prophet Muhammad,
“Five things are part of the fitrah: shaving the pubic hair, circumcision, trimming the moustache, plucking the armpit hairs, and cutting the nails”.[Sunan an-Nasa’i]
These ways, the natural way, followed by all of the Prophets, and enjoined on the believers by the laws that they brought.
- Caring about hair: the Prophet said, “He who has hair should honour it.” [ Sunan Abi Dawud]
- Brushing teeth with Miswak: Do you know the latest revolutionary discovery in Europe regarding dental care is Miswak? This magical stick that Muslims have been using for about 14 centuries was recommended basically by Prophet Muhammad. As he said,” Were it not that it would be too difficult for my Ummah, I would have commanded them to use the Miswak at (the time of) every Salah.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
And there are so many Islamic ways to follow to have the best personal hygiene ever.
Islam also has followed the moderate approach in every single aspect of life including money. Do you know that money is a blessing from God? Are you aware that you will be asked about it? Look at this verse! God said, “Then you will surely be asked that Day about pleasure.” We have to bear in our minds that money is a blessing and we shouldn’t spend it haphazardly. Someone like Johnny Depp, the famous actor, is about to be bankrupt because of his immaturity. I’m sure, if he takes the Islamic financial approach seriously, he will never face such bankruptcy.
Look at these verses:
- “And be not excessive. Indeed, He does not like those who commit excess.” [Quran.com/7/31]
- “And [they are] those who, when they spend, do so not excessively or sparingly but are ever, between that, [justly] moderate” [Quran.com/25/67]
This is the moderate approach that Islam called people for.
- ” And do not make your hand [as] chained to your neck or extend it completely and [thereby] become blamed and insolvent.” [Quran.com/17/29]
Islam always rejects the extremes, as this verse portrayed the state of the stingy as someone putting a chain in his neck and the state of the wasteful whose lavish spending must lead him/her to insolvency. Don’t be one of these extremes, be the moderate one.
- “Indeed, the wasteful are brothers of the devils, and ever has Satan been to his Lord ungrateful.” [Quran.com/17/27]
Here God compares extravagant people to devils who are not grateful and never appreciate God’s blessings.
To conclude, Islam has guided all its followers to be role models in every aspect of their lives. Islam has helped one to be clean and moderate in spending. These are some Islamic tips that must save Johnny Depp or any man on earth from smelling and bankruptcy. Islam has said it directly; Be clean and be wise.