First of all, a person who believes in Almighty Allah, The One & Only Creator and Sustainer of all of the existence should know that nothing in the creation overpowers The All-Mighty Creator and no one and nothing in His creation should be worthy of fear more than Him (Glorified and Exalted).
God’s Power Over His Creation
To begin with, People’s greatest problem is their weak conviction in Allah Himself, because if you don’t know Him and His Power, then you can mistakenly attribute power to something else in His creation. But the Truth is: no creation that Allah has created could have more power than Him or could interfere in our life beyond His qadar (Divine Decree).
So in short, nothing and no one has more power than Allah. Period.
Allah is the All-Powerful, The Overpowering. When one grasps the essence of Tawheed (pure monotheism and pure belief in the Perfect Attributes of Allah) then they will have the strength not to fear and not to be slaves or subservient to anything in the creation other than Him. This is why Tawheed (monotheism) is very liberating and empowering to the heart and mind.
Moreover, if your belief in Allah is strong, nothing will harm you and all evil will be removed from your way when you seek refuge in the All-Powerful, The Overpowering.
And He is the subjugator over His servants. And He is the Wise, the Acquainted [with all].” [Qur’an 6 -18] (1)
This is the first and most important point in this issue.
The Creation of Jinn
Remember that jinns are merely creations that Allah has created; He can destroy them and whatever they do in a second if He wills. Also, black magic is practiced by wicked people who seek help from jinn; again, both are helpless creations of Allah and He can destroy their plots in a second if He wills.
The issue ultimately lies in the Hands of Allah and your ultimate solution is to seek Him knowing that nothing can stand against Him.
Say, ‘Never will we be struck except by what Allah has decreed for us; He is our protector.’ And upon Allah let the believers rely.” [Qur’an 9 – 51] (2)
Allah Taught Us Jinn Reality
Allah already told us in the Qur’an that jinn/devils/magic will not harm anyone except if He permitted it for a reason
And they followed [instead] what the devils had recited during the reign of Solomon. It was not Solomon who disbelieved, but the devils disbelieved, teaching people magic and that which was revealed to the two angels at Babylon, Harut and Marut. But the two angels do not teach anyone unless they say, ‘We are a trial, so do not disbelieve [by practicing magic].’ And [yet] they learn from them that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife. But they do not harm anyone through it except by permission of Allah. And the people learn what harms them and does not benefit them. But the Children of Israel certainly knew that whoever purchased the magic would not have in the Hereafter any share. And wretched is that for which they sold themselves, if they only knew. (102) And if they had believed and feared Allah, then the reward from Allah would have been [far] better, if they only knew.” [Qur’an 2 – 102:103] (3)
So, Allah only allows these things to happen as a test and to have His slaves turn back to Him and rectify their life if there are shortcomings on their end. Once the cure- which is mainly the recitation of the powerful Words of Allah from the Qur’an, and then reciting the dhikr (supplications) taught by Prophet Muhammad with conviction, then jinn are completely and utterly defeated and they have no power over a human.
The Cure Is In Two Simple Steps
- To seek the protection of Allah regularly as He prescribed in Qur’an and sunnah (teachings of the Prophet) to avoid this type of harm
- If one failed or forgot to do the first step, then repent and come back to Allah sincerely and earnestly and you’ll be saved and your heart will be completely at ease and strengthed by its incomparably Powerful Creator.
Some Facts about the Jinn
- The word jinn means in Arabic that which is hidden from sight (humans’ sight). So they are creations of the unseen.
- The jinn kind has an independent, separate world from that of mankind. Their world also has its own nature and features.
- Jinns and humans have some things in common like understanding the Divine Revelation. Both have the ability to make a choice between good and evil.
- Jinn also were created to worship Allah. As Allah Almighty said: “O assembly of jinns and mankind! Did there not come to you Messengers from amongst you, reciting unto you My Verses?” [Qur’an 6 -130] (4)
- Allah created Jinn from fire. As the Creator Allah Almighty says in the Qur’an: “And the jinn, We created aforetime from the smokeless flame of fire.” [Qur’an 15 – 27] (5)
And the Prophet (peace and blessings upon him) said: “Angels were created from light, jinns were created from a smokeless flame of fire, and ‘Adam was created from that which you have been told (i.e., sounding clay like the clay of pottery).” [Reported by Muslim] (6)
- Jinn vary in their religiosity. As Allah tells us that the jinn say, interpretation of the meaning:
And some of us are Muslims, and of us, some are al-qaasitoon (disbelievers those who have deviated from the Right Path). And whosoever has embraced Islam, then such have sought the Right Path. And as for the qaasitoon, they shall be firewood for Hell.” [Qur’an 72 – 14:15] (7)
[Some jinn said:] There are among us some that are righteous, and some the contrary; we are groups, each having a different way (religious sects, etc.)” [Qur’an 72:11] (8)
- Jinn can see us while we cannot see them.
- Any evil done by the Jinn to humans is only due to humans’ negligence of seeking Allah’s protection. And the negligence of their religious duties to Him and/or the weakness of their faith in Him.
So, ultimately, remember that if you fear Allah alone, He will make everything fear you. But if you forget/neglect Allah, you will fear everything, and everything can get a chance at harming you.
To conclude, this brings us to the most important question: how is your relationship with Allah, Your All-Powerful Creator? Are you in submission to Him? Or are you in submission to yourself or any other weak creation in this temporary world?
(1) Verse (6-18) of Qur’an (English interpretation of meaning)
(2) Verse (9- 51) of Qur’an (English interpretation of meaning)
(3) Verse (2- 102:103) of Qur’an (English interpretation of meaning)
(4) Verse (6-130) of Qur’an (English interpretation of meaning)
(5) Verse (15-27) of Qur’an (English interpretation of meaning)
(6) Prophet’s saying ‘Hadith’
(7) Verse (72-14:15) of Qur’an (English interpretation of meaning)
(8) Verse (72-11) of Qur’an (English interpretation of meaning)