This article is dedicated to explaining how Islam is the religion of “All God-sent Prophets”. In order to do this, you’ll be explicitly informed of: the concept of Islam, the core of Islam, the testimony of Allah in Quran, and the testimony of Muhammad, the last Messenger of God, and so of the logically deduced facts of Islam being “The True Religion”.
So, let’s go
First, you should know “What Islam is!”
- Islam is defined linguistically as: surrendering one’s self and total voluntary submission; understandably to God’s will and power.
- Islam is defined technically as: “The Divine Guidance of Allah (God)”
But, there is always a “but”! ☺ But, the more popular technical understanding of Islam is being “The last Message” sent down to “The last Messenger of God” Muhammad, Peace be upon him(PBUH), from Allah by the Angel Gabriel. Easy, Ha!
Second, you should know “The Core of Islam”!
The essence of Islam is captured in the very words and beliefs that make one a Muslim. These are “The two Testimonies of Faith” (Shahadatan): (Ash hadu an laa ilaaha illallaah, wa ash hadu anna Muhammadan rasool-ullaah), which translates to “I bear witness that there is no god worthy of worship except Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.” Clear?!!!
Third, Quran verses that represent the Testimony of God
Verses proving and stating explicitly that Islam is “The Only Religion” accepted from man by Allah:
- “Allah witnesses that there is no deity except Him, and [so do] the angels and those of knowledge – [that He is] maintaining [creation] in justice. There is no deity except Him, the Exalted in Might, the Wise”. [Quran.com/3/18]
- So, if Islam is believing in Allah and surrendering to His will and power then read this:
“And [mention] when your Lord took from the children of Adam – from their loins – their descendants and made them testify of themselves, [saying to them], “Am I not your Lord?” They said, “Yes, we have testified.” [This] – lest you should say on the day of Resurrection, “Indeed, we were of this unaware.”” [Quran.com/7/172]
This means that all humanity witnessed that God is their Lord on some kind of an atomic level. WE ALL WITNESSED THAT THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAH.
- “Indeed, the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam. And those who were given the Scripture did not differ except after knowledge had come to them – out of jealous animosity between themselves. And whoever disbelieves in the verses of Allah, then indeed, Allah is swift in [taking] account”. [Quran.com/3/19]
So, this means that Islam is “The religion” in the sight of Allah.
- “And whoever desires other than Islam as religion – never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers”. [Quran.com/3/85]
Meaning that no other religion would be accepted by God from anyone.
- Abraham (PBUH) is the one who first received the name of the religion of Allah “Islam”: “[It is] the religion of your father, Abraham. Allah named you “Muslims” before [in former scriptures] and in this [revelation] that the Messenger may be a witness over you and you may be witnesses over the people”. [Quran.com/22/78]
- “Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a Muslim [submitting to Allah]. And he was not of the polytheists”. [Quran.com/3/67]
Abraham was a Muslim as all those who submit to God’s will and power.
- The ‘GEM’ in this matter is this verse:
“And [recall, O People of the Scripture], when Allah took the covenant of the prophets, [saying], “Whatever I give you of the Scripture and wisdom and then there comes to you a messenger confirming what is with you, you [must] believe in him and support him.” [Allah] said, “Have you acknowledged and taken upon that My commitment?” They said, “We have acknowledged it.” He said, “Then bear witness, and I am with you among the witnesses.”” [Quran.com/3/81]
This is where God tells us of the covenant (pledge) He had taken of All His Messengers to Believe in and support Muhammad (Peace & Blessings be upon them all) if they are contemporary to him. So, consequently, all God’s Messengers are Muslims.
Fourth, the Testimony of Muhammad (PBUH)!
Here are some of the authentic sayings of the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) from Hadith books (sayings of Muhammad) to prove that Islam is ‘The True religion’:
- Allah’s Messenger (PBUH) said, “No child is born except on Al-Fitra (Islam) and then his parents make him Jewish, Christian or Magian, as an animal produces a perfect young animal: do you see any part of its body amputated?” Then he recited Quran: “So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah . That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.” [Sahih al-Bukhari]
- Al-Abbas bin Abdul-Muttalib (Prophet Muhammad’s uncle) narrated that he heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) say: “Whoever is pleased with Allah as (his) Lord, and Islam as (his) religion, and Muhammad as (his) Prophet, then he has tasted the sweetness of faith.” [Jami` at-Tirmidhi]
- Abu Sa’id al-Khudri (one of the Prophet’s companions) reported the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) as saying: “If anyone says “I am pleased with Allah as Lord, with Islam as religion and with Muhammad as Apostle” Paradise will be his due.” [Sunan Abi Dawud]
It is clear that Islam is the only religion that God accepted, accepts and will ever accept for and from human beings, and this is why:
Allah accepts Islam for people as it dignifies man from being a slave and servant to non-other but Allah.
Allah accepts Islam from people as it entails their belief, surrender and total voluntary submission to His will and power.
Say, “Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah, Lord of the worlds. No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first [among you] of the Muslims.” [Quran.com/6/162-163]