Dating in Islam comes with a unique concept. You would find 40 years old woman, but neither is she married nor did she ever date anyone. You would also find a 45 years old Muslim man, but he never had any sexual relations before. Oh wow, imagine the strength it takes to become like that! It’s a very strong will, hah!
Here we will learn the following:
- Is It Haram to Date before Marriage in Islam?
- Are Boyfriends and Girlfriends in Islam Acceptable?
- Is It Halal to Kiss before Marriage?
- Why Is Dating Not Allowed in Islam?
- Muslims Got the Best Fertility Rates out of Marriage, Not Fake Dating
- What Are Solutions to Keep Modest?
- How To Avoid Falling Into Haram Dating in Islam?
- What Is Halal Dating? Are There Dating in Islam Rules
- Is It Haram to Talk to a Girl before Marriage?
Is It Haram to Date before Marriage in Islam?
Yes, it’s haram (impermissible) to date in Islam in the traditional sense of dating. However, there are rules for making halal dating.
Once a man even promised a woman of engagement, he must commit. Imagine when it comes to an actual relation.
Are Boyfriends and Girlfriends in Islam Acceptable?
No! The idea of boyfriends and girlfriends is not acceptable in Islam. Let’s understand why?
Many studies and lab tests demonstrate that nothing is called just friends between a man and a woman. There’s always a situation of “waiting” for the chance, that’s all. Watch this video to understand how both men and women look at each other.
So, don’t have a long-term relationship with the opposite sex based on “just friends” “just working colleagues” or “just studying group”. Furthermore, not as just a “roommate”!
It’s not going to continue this way. Over time, and once getting too much into the other’s details, how he/she drinks coffee, how he/she itches, renting-a-house-problem he/she has in their life, you turn to be the saviour!
Is It Halal to Kiss before Marriage?
No, it is not halal (Not permissible) to kiss before marriage. Touching a woman is a huge issue that takes from the man reserving her full rights.
In case this action happened even during engagement and before marriage, it’s considered as minor adultery. You have to sincerely repent and do extra good deeds, especially prayers so that they erase the bad ones.
Why can’t Muslims date?
Muslims can’t date because dating is not allowed in Islam for many reasons:
- Our Creator who understands us well sets limits between men and women.
- There are no “Casual Relationships” in Islam.
- Marriage in Islam is called “The Heavy Pact” or “Solemn Covenant”.
- Islam saves souls from the hell of investing emotions in the wrong place. From one relationship to another, your heart is to be torn apart.
Muslims Got the Best Fertility Rates out of Marriage, Not Fake Dating
Actually, some of the “fastest-growing religions in the world” statistics about Islam suggested that Islam is spreading because of the high fertility rates. That means:
- Healthy families stay enough together to have more babies.
- Healthier society and a long-living human race.
- Avoiding the aging problems killing industries in European communities and making them have to accept more young Muslim refugees.
What Are Solutions to Keep Modest?
Islam set rules for keeping Muslim societies modest, the following are the halal dating rules:
Both genders: Get married once you can!
Prophet Muhammad -may blessings and peace of Allah be upon him- recommended highly if you’re able to get married then do it now:
«يَا مَعْشَرَ الشَّبَابِ مَنِ اسْتَطَاعَ مِنْكُمُ الْبَاءَةَ فَلْيَتَزَوَّجْ فَإِنَّهُ أَغَضُّ لِلْبَصَرِ وَأَحْصَنُ لِلْفَرْجِ وَمَنْ لَمْ يَسْتَطِعْ فَعَلَيْهِ بِالصَّوْمِ فَإِنَّهُ لَهُ وِجَاءٌ»
0 young men, those among you who can support a wife should marry, for it restrains eyes (from casting evil glances) and preserves one from immorality; but he who cannot afford It should observe fast for it is a means of controlling the sexual desire.”[Sahih Muslim]
How To Avoid Falling Into Haram Dating in Islam?
When you do the following conditions, you are supposed to be able to get rid of dating if you are Muslim:
1. Lowering gaze:
It’s a huge deal to avoid looking in the first place, it takes a lot of training, maybe years until you can make it. Not looking means not thinking about it means you could forget all about sex for long days and months, and a huge relief.
When you fast (the Muslim way, to stop eating and drinking from dawn to sunset), you simply restrain your desires, you control them.
3. Avoid mixed meetings:
Islam is actually inviting people to mix and to know each other in order to make the world a better place, but as long as you’re not married, avoid mixed–male/female- meetings and gatherings, it brings the subject up to your head again and again.
4. Don’t come alone in a closed place:
Office with your female assistant, no! Studying in your room with a female colleague, no. And OF COURSE not in her room as well, smart!
Avoid being alone in closed places, or opened spaces -with no one else around- with the opposite sex!
What Is Halal Dating? Are There Dating in Islam Rules:
The Muslim way of halal dating is choosing the Heavy Pact; i.e. lawful marriage. All makeup is gone once get married:
- You have to feel that it’s something yours, and you have to try to make it work.
- You can propose to a girl or her guardian to announce your sincere desire for engagement.
- No way for an irresponsible inhuman relationship that leaves a woman heavy with a burden without a spouse, to face the world alone with a child or face the process of abortion.
- No way for being alone together or talking
- For a Muslim man/woman, it’s either to wait for the hero way or do it the straight way.
Is It Haram to Talk to a Girl before Marriage?
No, it’s not haram to talk with an acceptable legitimate purpose, not for kidding.
- The girl should speak in an appropriate manner, not too softly.
- Avoid being alone together. Rather, you have to be amongst others and behave respectfully.
For our world, for your country, for your community, for you and for your mate, take it the straight way; take commitments seriously or stop the matter totally. Want to know more about how Islam honours women? Then take a round here.